Better than a thousand useless words is one word that gives peace.
~Buddha

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Wedding Poem I wrote for the President of our commune

I found out that the president of the commune is having a family wedding, and so I wrote a poem with my limited Tamazight.

Llwaya a txitr
fisa3 d bla lextiyar
a tdwwrxf azrou usar bdin,
welayni yat lHayat
a tzayd s dat.

Guri yat lmnnya I knni,
nna yuffan tayri;
lmnnyanu tga tayrinun
a tzayd a txitr
zund llwaya ar adur

tgim sin mddn,
welayni atgm yan.
yat lHayat s yan ul,
day kkat bla lHuDud.

Translation:

An ivy will grow
quickly and without choice
surrounding a stone until they are not separate,
but one life
continuing forward.

I have one hope for you,
for whom love has been found;
my hope is that your love
will continue to grow
like ivy until

there is no longer two people,
but have become one.
One life with one heart,
beating without end.

No comments: