Better than a thousand useless words is one word that gives peace.
~Buddha

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Will be a PCV soon

It is difficult to describe these past weeks. I can imagine it has been a while since I have posted anything. It’s strange how the days just seem to string together like this. It is not boredom, but rather that my life, up until this point, has been rather methodical and monotonous - wake up, breakfast, class, lunch, rest, go home, dinner, go to sleep. But every time it is so different than back at home. So, rather than talk about the monotony of the final days of training, I will focus instead on what is to come.


I passed my language test. I exceeded the tester’s expectations. I needed to probe more to determine whether or not that was a compliment. My days in our training town are coming to an end. Other volunteers are mentioning this, though, but ever since we visited our final sites, we all feel as though we’ve already left our current ones. Some of us will never see each other again, save for the occasional PPST and mid-service meetings. I am more than fortunate that I have found within our ranks a kindred soul. That, and I don’t think I would be able to do any of this without my red potion.

So, as it turns out, I think the president of my community’s association is interested in New Age type things. He is, of course, a Muslim, however; his forays into differing spiritual practices are academic or purely out of curiosity. He was interested in the yoga cards that I brought with me, and he is also interested in the fact that I am able to give meditation lessons. This leads me to my next point - I have a good idea as to what I will be doing when I get to my final site. Since the president of my association is interested in my teaching English and New Age things, I have decided that I want as a side project to teach some meditation techniques. I will, of course, not go in pretending to be some sort of expert, but some of people have expressed interest when I mention different meditation techniques, especially the loving kindness meditation. I begin to digress - I will teach some basic meditation and also start an English club. I serve about 8 villages all within a ten kilometer diameter.

So, while I am here, I will actually be able to finish another book, I think. I am so close to finishing my first book, I am so freaking excited you have no idea how excited I am. They are about to have their final battle and all of that, so it is rather exciting. I even have other books planned out. My fantasy books will go under my own name, but the non-fantasy ones will go under a pseudonym. I have also made it so that I have to run a total of 5 kilometers almost every day. This is for my own good. I am having my dad send me my running pants from home. I hope that the person I told will tell him. I will call, too, however.

When I get my internet in my site, I will be able to write more existential topics because I will be able to write at any time. Right now I can write about only general things since I don’t have daily access to the computer or internet. Love you all.

No comments: